I am really sorry, but I forgot to scan things in again last night. I am the worst. *hangs head* BUT one of the reasons I forgot to do so was because I found and made the most delicious enchilada recipe last night! And now, I shall share it with you because it is delicious and I keep meaning to remember to do things like this. Note: This recipe is super easy and super delicious. : )
Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas of Win
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- About a pound of chicken, cut into bite-size or smaller pieces
- 1 can black beans, mostly drained
- 1/3 c. salsa
- 4 tortillas
- 1 c. taco cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. Doesn’t that smell delicious?
- Add chicken to skillet and cook for additional 5-10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add black beans, some of their juice, and the salsa to the skillet. Simmer for about 5 minutes so the sauce thickens and smells even MORE delicious!
- Arrange 4 tortillas in a baking or casserole dish. Sprinkle a little cheese inside each tortilla, followed by 1/4 of the chicken mixture. Top with cheese evenly. I laid them out so they were more taco-y than rolled-up-y, which made a nice crispy vs saucey tortilla texture later.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- EAT IT ALL UP.
Bill and I seriously argued about who got to eat the leftovers for lunch today it was so good. The ingredients seem super-simple, but they make the very best flavors. Also, Bill said he doesn’t even like black beans but these were delicious. I will definitely make these again, and probably more of them!
Have a great weekend, internet! : )