I have been a terrible blogger again, friends. So sorry! If it makes you feel any better, it’s because life has been kind of awesome and busy lately. Between wedding planning stuff, Bill’s school stuff, Bef’s wedding, my subsequent trip to the hospital and week off of work, the Manck/Whites have been muy busy, generally in a positive way. Since I’ve been away, here are some things that have happened
- Bef & Bert’s wedding in Springfield was AWESOME. So, so much fun to see 2 of my best friends get married and to dance with all the rest to celebrate : )
- While driving the 12 hours back from SGF to HOU, I started having weird back pains that I thought were brought on by exhaustion.
- The next day, Bill had to take me to the Urgent Care/ER for what turned out to be pyleonephritis, aka Emily’s UTI turned into a kidney infection. Cue my first ever blood draw, IV and trip to the ER! Got the drug that’s also used to treat anthrax while there.
- Spent the next week working from home while taking hard-core antibiotics and hobbling around like an oldster.
- Didn’t get to go visit my parents before Thanksgiving because of busy-ness and health issues : (
- Had Thanksgiving with Zach’s family, met a very cute beagle puppy I almost stole.
- Did really well at eBaying for a little while and got our wedding tablecloths for less than $7/120″ tablecloth (cheaper than renting them)!
- Did really poorly at eBaying when I started winning auctions I didn’t need, cue almost panic attack, cue nice vendors who cancel bids, whew!
- Decorated the apartment for our first ever non-Family Christmas.
- Bill signs his Spring contract and gets a pretty good feeling about being kept on next year, possibly even as full-time : )
- Bill was named head coach of 1st team junior varsity in the Spring! He’s also the goalie coach for the varsity as well.
- Have most of our Christmas shopping done! The new Bueller calendar has been completed and printed : )
- Implemented a Finn-sleeps-in-the-bathroom-at-night-after-a-calming-goo-treat protocol after he kept tackling the tree and almost ruined Bill’s phone with a glass of water.
- Scooched some things around so we can invite a few work friends to the wedding.
- Ordered all of our invites, announcements, RSVP cards and pocketfolds!
- Open House night at Bill’s school last night = tour of the 45-acre campus, free snacks and tote bag, hanging out with the lacrosse boys, not getting home until 10pm after leaving the house at 7:30 that morning.
- Very, very tired Manck/Whites today.
So, it’s been an interesting since-October! Today also marks a milestone: we’re down to double digit days until the wedding! Only 99 days stand between us and the altar : ) We’ve checked a lot of to-do’s off the to-do list, but there are still many to go. Hopefully this weekend, we’ll get a chance to go search for my wedding band and Bill’s suit, as well as trying to replace my piece-of-crap phone. Other upcomings include:
- Using my last vacation day of the year to make pancakes for Bill’s classes on their Dead Day before finals
- School Faculty Christmas Party!!
- Family Christmas with my siblings
- Finding/finalizing the rehearsal dinner location
- Deciding on a cake option
- Continued working on making Finnegan not a freaking nutter all the time
The invitation pieces (less those I still have to print) are all supposed to arrive next week, which means I need to print things, buy envelopes and stamps, and assemble, assemble, assemble next week! When I have all the pieces in my greedy little hands and have my assembly line set-up, expect to hear much, much more about our print goods.
Well, that’s at least a bit of an update, eh? In the time between now and my next update, remember I have the private Twitter (@Mancktastic), the public wedding Twitter (@manckwhitewed), and now Pinterest! You can come and see what little bits of ideas and pretties I’ve saved for later on the internets here. Until then, have a wonderful day/week/month! : )