- What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before? I got married! That’s obviously the biggie : ) On a smaller scale, this year was my first lacrosse season and the first time I ever had to have a car towed.
- Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t think I made any New Year’s resolutions for 2012, so N/A on that front. In 2013, I’m going to pick a few areas of focus for improvement, but I’m not sure if I’ll make a to-do list of things to accomplish by next 12/31.
- Did anyone close to you give birth? Both of my nieces had kids and our friends Adam and Kristin had the lovely Annabelle, our favorite baby : )
- Did anyone close to you die? I will feel like a complete ass if this isn’t true, but I don’t think we lost any one this year. Let’s pray that continues in 2013!
- What countries did you visit? Texas!
- What would you like to have in 2013 that you didn’t have in 2012? More job satisfaction, a closer attention to detail and a happier outlook on life : )
- What dates from 2012 will be etched upon your memory, and why? February 20 – Bill & I’s 2-year anniversary, March 10 – We got married!, plus our birthdays of course.
- What was your biggest achievement of this year? The dadgum wedding! There was so much organization and planning to be accomplished, plus baking, travel, etc. I think it turned out well : )
- What was your biggest failure? Ugh, I don’t know. Mayhap not getting the work opportunity I was praying for : (
- Did you suffer illness or injury? No hospital visits this year, so that’s nice, but we did have a nice selection of sinus and ear infections, plus colds. I’m currently dealing with some sort of sciatic nerve thing in my left side, especially my knee, as well.
- What was the best thing you bought? Books! This was the year of cheap Amazon books and e-books to keep my brain growing and happy. Also, our favorite card game, Fluxx!
- Whose behavior merited celebration? My lovely husband has proven himself to be a fantastic teacher and person over and over again. I’m also very proud of our Eagle Scout boys at school for their dedication and selflessness.
- Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Lots of people from the past making bad decisions and rude statements because they don’t believe in consequences and are enamored with the ‘anonymity’/lack of consequences of the internet.
- Where did most of your money go? Rent and gas, how boring…
- What did you get really, really, really excited about? Lacrosse! Baking! The Manckwhites as a unit!
- What songs will always remind you of 2012? My processional: A Kazhak Melody by Abigail Washburn and the Sparrow Quartet, At Last by Jukebox the Ghost, Ms. Robinson by Watsky, Four Seconds by the Barenaked Ladies, Hold That Thought by Ben Folds Five, and Cups from the Pitch Perfect Soundtrack
- Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) Happier, I suppose. The end of the year is usually a cheery time for me, but I’m in an especially good modd now.
b) Fatter than I was at our wedding, probably a little bigger than this time last year. Married life + food blog – exercise = not-as-fit-Emily
c) Richer! We’ve been doing a good job saving : )
- What do you wish you’d done more of? Keeping in touch with friends, going to church/mass and sleeping (of course)
- What do you wish you’d done less of? Commuting, griping, and worrying.
- How did you spend Christmas? Thanksgiving was our Christmas in Albany, then friend Christmas on the 13th, Manckmas on the 14th, and actual Christmas Day and Eve with my parents and grandma in East Texas.
- Did you fall in love in 2012? I fall in love with Bill and our little family everyday, true story.
- What was your favorite TV program? Lately, it’s been Iron Chef America and The Next Iron Chef: Redemption. I was also really in to Bones, The Mindy Project, Scandal, Smash, Community, The League, and Up All Night.
- Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? What a negative question! I am annoyed with people now, but they’re the same as last year.
- What was the best book you read? Let’s go with 2 favorite genres instead: Memoirs and Historical Mysteries. Favorite authors of these include: Tina Fey, Mindy Kaling, Tasha Alexander, P.B. Ryan, Heather King, Deborah Feldman and Carolyn Jessop.
- What was your greatest musical discovery? They’re not new, but I fell in love with The Barenaked Ladies this year!
- What did you want and get? Married, a bigger apartment, copper ornaments, a new bag, and lovely cupcake cups.
- What did you want and not get? The ability to work at home full-time : P
- What was your favorite film of 2012? I loved the Hobbit, Pitch Perfect and others that I’m forgetting 🙂
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Oh goodness, I don’t remember what I did on my birthday, but I know I turned 25!
- What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Once again, I would love to work from home.
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2012? Cardigans, as per always.
- What kept you sane? Bill, Bueller, and Bef.
- Who did you miss? I don’t get to see my parents, parents-in-law or Missouri friends nearly enough.
- Who was the best new person you met? I didn’t just meet her, but this year I’ve become pretty good friends with our neighbor, Keri, and she’s great!
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012. Focus on the things that make you happy, they will ground you against the waves of the world.