It is safe to say that my husband is a pizza addict: he can easily blow through 3 frozen pizzas a week if I don’t try to get some other nutrition into him, so he loved these fluffy little Pepperoni Pizza Puffs, handily finishing off the whole tray! I feel a little better about this dish originally from Lick the Bowl Good since it’s fresh and almost as quick as a frozen pizza. A simple batter of flour, baking powder, egg and milk puffs up beautifully, full of cheese and pepperoni, ready for you to pop in and enjoy.
Pepperoni Pizza Puffs
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mini pepperoni
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Whisk in milk and egg until well-combined. Add the mozzarella, parmesan and mini pepperoni and mix until evenly distributed. Let this mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Give the batter one more good stir and distribute into the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffy and golden, 22-25 minutes.
- Heat pizza sauce and serve along with puffs.
These would be great as an appetizer or as finger food for a big game! They have a smooth, fluffy texture without being weighted down by too much cheese. Since the sauce is on the side, the puffs aren’t soggy or messy. You could also add different pizza toppings to customize these little guys to your family’s taste!