There’s something about potatoes that gets me every. single. time. I’m like Samwise Gamgee; I’ll take them any way, boiled, mashed, in a stew, or (in this recipe) oven-roasted! Thin sliced potatoes tossed with spices and topped with parmesan cheese to create a half-chip, half-home fry hybrid that I would welcome at any meal. I made a batch to accompany some delicious paninis that are coming later this week, but they would be a great side dish for any meal.
Parmesan Oven Potatoes
- 4 russet potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Cut potatoes in half, then into thin slices so they look like half moons.
- Place the cut potatoes in a bowl and season with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Mix until well coated with the seasoning.
- Place the potatoes on a single layer on a baking sheet and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.
These potatoes are one addictive side dish! Enjoy them with sandwiches, dinner entrees, or even with your morning eggs. Customize the seasonings to your own tastes for a one-of-a-kind delicious treat.
Based on recipe from 1 Cup Awesome