When planning last week’s menu, I was perusing our fridge to see what we needed to utilize soon when I stumbled upon a sauce my parents had brought home from their long vacation last year: Boot Scootin’ Raspberry Huckleberry Chipotle Sauce. Immediately, I thought of combining the sweet heat of raspberry and chipotle with a creamy, melty cheese with a crisp bread to keep it all together. Thin-sliced turkey completes what I believe to be one of the world’s most perfect sandwiches, especially when squished panini style so the warmth brings out extra layers of flavor. The bread soaks in the sauce so you get pops of sauce throughout your delicious brie and turkey experience. Bill has requested this for dinner at least 3 times in the past week, so I think it’s a winner 😉
Turkey, Raspberry and Brie Paninis
- 2 ciabattas, split length-wise
- 4 ounces thin-sliced turkey
- 4 ounces Brie, in slices
- Raspberry-Chipotle Sauce
- Heat a grill or panini pan over medium-high heat.
- Spread one side of a split ciabatta with mayonnaise and the other side with raspberry-chipotle sauce. Repeat with the other ciabatta
- Divide thin-sliced turkey between the 2 ciabattas, then top with slices of Brie.
- Place sandwiches in grill/panini pan and grill for 2-4 minutes on each side, or until Brie is melty.
- Serve while warm with chips or potatoes.
These sandwiches are quick, easy and absolutely delicious! If you don’t want the heat from the chipotle sauce, you can substitute in plain raspberry jelly in its place.