I’m going to be honest with you: I named this sandwich before I’d even finalized the ingredient list. As soon as I thought of feta and bacon together, I knew it needed to be FAB so apple joined the party 🙂 Thank goodness it did, because this sandwich is all that and a half when you put it all together!
We start with a solidly delicious base of sourdough bread, then add creamy and perfectly herby mayonnaise to brighten up the sandwich. Next comes the saltiness of bacon and feta, then we cut through it with crisp, fresh apple and spinach so your palette isn’t overwhelmed. All the ingredients play together nicely: the complimentary creaminesses of feta and mayo, the clear and light flavors of the herbs and apple.
This sandwich can be easily translated into a cold sandwich or salad without toasting, but the heat does do magic for this dish. The herbaceous mayo melts into the bread and bacon as they crisp and the feta releases an extra punch of creaminess. This is a great picnic or lazy Saturday sandwich!
The FAB Mancktastic Sandwich!
- Sourdough Bread
- Apple, thinly sliced
- Bacon, fully cooked
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Garlic-Herb Mayonnaise
- Pre-heat oven to 350◦ F.
- Spread garlic-herb mayonnaise on 2 slices of bread, set one aside and place the other on a baking sheet.
- On set aside piece of bread, add spinach and thinly sliced apple.
- Add bacon and feta to your own specifications on the baking sheet bread.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 5-7 minutes, or until feta is slightly melty and bacon is crisper.
- Construct your sandwich and enjoy!