Tuesday was a really odd day for me.
My post-work day had an in auspicious start when… I almost got hit by a car! Like legit, it came to a screeching stop just a few feet from me.
So, when I got home, I decided a nice adult beverage was in order. After pawing about the fridge, I discovered a few yummy looking ingredients, and went about whipping up something tasty with pomegranate juice, bourbon, liqueur and club soda to make it nice, fizzy and refreshing.
Unfortunately… that didn’t go well either. Pro tip: don’t use a blender bottle as a booze shaker, particularly when you’re mixing carbonated beverages!
That would be our kitchen walls above the cabinets, as well as the ceiling, just coated with fizzy, sugary, juicy beverage.
Fortunately, though, the drink turned out delicious, and I got a little tipsy waiting for the day to finally end.
Now I present to you… The Fizzy Pomegranate!
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 shot pomegranate liqueur (We love Pomecello)
- 3 shots bourbon or whiskey (I used Neversweat, but we also love Gentleman Jack!)
- 24 oz seltzer or club soda
- Combine pomegranate juice, pomegranate liqueur, and bourbon in a shaker with ice.
- Shake it up until well-combined!
- Combine shaken combination with seltzer and serve over ice.
Makes 4 8 oz. drinks