Friends! We’re back in the world of recipes, and I’m bringing you a boozy doozy 🙂
Bill’s dungeon-master-ing a group of fellow teachers on an adventure once a week, so I’m having college D&D flashbacks. Since the fellas can’t meet at our apartment (they’re allergic to the Finnmonster), I’m trying to be a good DM’s-wife/hostess by sending some snacks along with my boy to their meetings.
This week, I was stocked up on cooked turkey bacon from a recent household addition (did you know it’s so much better for you than normal bacon? and still tasty?), and had been in a bourbon mood, because that’s the sort of girl I am. Bourbon, bacon and chocolate go together that peanut butter and jelly, so my obvious choice was to make some delicious ‘adult’ cookies for my full-grown nerds to enjoy 😉
This is based on my very favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, with just a hint of bourbon-y goodness and some salty bacon to take it to the next level 🙂
Bourbon Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 Tablespoons bourbon (or more, to taste)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 4 slices of crispy, cooked bacon (or turkey bacon), diced
- Preheat the oven to 350◦ F.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until creamy and smooth. Add in the egg, extracts, and bourbon.
- In medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda together. Slowly mix the flour into the butter mixture, until combined.
- Turn the mixer to low and slowly add in chocolate chips and diced bacon
- Roll dough into Tablespoon-sized balls. Place on baking sheet and slightly flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown and set. Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheet for two minutes.