Tuesday was a really odd day for me.
My post-work day had an in auspicious start when… I almost got hit by a car! Like legit, it came to a screeching stop just a few feet from me.
So, when I got home, I decided a nice adult beverage was in order. After pawing about the fridge, I discovered a few yummy looking ingredients, and went about whipping up something tasty with pomegranate juice, bourbon, liqueur and club soda to make it nice, fizzy and refreshing.
Unfortunately… that didn’t go well either. Pro tip: don’t use a blender bottle as a booze shaker, particularly when you’re mixing carbonated beverages!
That would be our kitchen walls above the cabinets, as well as the ceiling, just coated with fizzy, sugary, juicy beverage.
Fortunately, though, the drink turned out delicious, and I got a little tipsy waiting for the day to finally end.
Now I present to you… The Fizzy Pomegranate!
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 shot pomegranate liqueur (We love Pomecello)
- 3 shots bourbon or whiskey (I used Neversweat, but we also love Gentleman Jack!)
- 24 oz seltzer or club soda
- Combine pomegranate juice, pomegranate liqueur, and bourbon in a shaker with ice.
- Shake it up until well-combined!
- Combine shaken combination with seltzer and serve over ice.
Makes 4 8 oz. drinks
Friends! We’re back in the world of recipes, and I’m bringing you a boozy doozy 🙂
Bill’s dungeon-master-ing a group of fellow teachers on an adventure once a week, so I’m having college D&D flashbacks. Since the fellas can’t meet at our apartment (they’re allergic to the Finnmonster), I’m trying to be a good DM’s-wife/hostess by sending some snacks along with my boy to their meetings.
This week, I was stocked up on cooked turkey bacon from a recent household addition (did you know it’s so much better for you than normal bacon? and still tasty?), and had been in a bourbon mood, because that’s the sort of girl I am. Bourbon, bacon and chocolate go together that peanut butter and jelly, so my obvious choice was to make some delicious ‘adult’ cookies for my full-grown nerds to enjoy 😉
This is based on my very favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, with just a hint of bourbon-y goodness and some salty bacon to take it to the next level 🙂
Bourbon Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 Tablespoons bourbon (or more, to taste)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 4 slices of crispy, cooked bacon (or turkey bacon), diced
- Preheat the oven to 350◦ F.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until creamy and smooth. Add in the egg, extracts, and bourbon.
- In medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda together. Slowly mix the flour into the butter mixture, until combined.
- Turn the mixer to low and slowly add in chocolate chips and diced bacon
- Roll dough into Tablespoon-sized balls. Place on baking sheet and slightly flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown and set. Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheet for two minutes.